Friday 5 April 2013

Art Supplies Toolbox

Good morning! Just an itty bitty post today about something that I am extremely excited about! Sometimes it's the littlest things that have the biggest impact .....



Like a sunny spot for my lazy kitty ..... ahhhh ..... Spring is in the air!




My boys love to colour, cut and paste. Most days, my dining table is used for crafting rather than eating, although there have been times when they could not resist tasting the glue or play-doh ..... but that's another story!




So, I was browsing my local Winners store when I spied this divided gardeners toolbox. I love anything garden inspired, but this was not going to be toting gardening tools. Nope, not this time, I was thinking craft supplies!

I kind of surprised myself with the colour choice.  I have never been a "blue" girl, maybe because growing up in a house of all girls and we loved our Hollie Hobbies and Strawberry Shortcake decor. But with all of the grey making it's way into my house lately, blue is a perfect complimentary colour. 

So I opted for the blue, but this was also available in a cream, red and green for those of you out there looking! :-)




So we cleared the table and starting sorting the boxes of "stuff." I enlisted some help to test all the markers, and we threw out about half! Same with the pencil crayons, anything too short was tossed as well as the crayons.




We chose the kids favorite type of markers and put the remaining in a Ziploc bag to replenish the craft tote as necessary. The dividers keep everything neat and tidy. Each section having a purpose; one for charcoal pencils, crayons, pencil crayons, markers and scissor/rulers/tape. For some reason, we are always looking for the tape!

Having fewer items to dig through, keeps crafting more organized and fun!


And how cute is the chalkboard front?




I really like having this big handle on it too, so we can easily move it to the sideboard when it's time for supper.




Great little organizing project for under $20! And it only took a few minutes for the boys to gather round, pull out their colouring books and try out the new craft box.

Does anyone else having art supplies taking over their home? How do you keep it all organized?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment