Thursday 7 March 2013

Halfway Point for Lent Purge Project

So here we are, March 7th, halfway through Lent (for some denominations) and thought it would be a good time to check in and give a progress report. Progress has been made! Check this out!


Now I picked the front of our garage to stock pile the items we are getting rid of as I thought it would be easier to move at the end of this 40 day project. Open up the doors and have a garage sale, load up the truck for a garbage dump trip or donation drop off. We haven't quite decided at this point what will happen to it all, probably a combination of the three. But for now I am just happy to have it out of my house! (happy dance! happy dance!)

Filling a bag per day has been a challenge, but in the end it will all work out. To tell you the truth, some days are just too crazy around here. I definitely have to be in the right mood to plow through a closet and see results. On the other hand, there have been days when I can't stop! I've made it to the halfway point and so far I am ahead of the game, so I'm not going to fret too much ..... maybe on Day 39 when I'm riffling through my husband's underwear drawer praying to find a holey pair! But for now, we're good.


In this pic, you are seeing;

25 boxes
7 garbage bags
3 pcs. of furniture
odds & ends (not in boxes/bags)
and 3 bags (partially full)

We have also had 2 garbage days since Day 1, so I have also purged 3 bags of garbage and 6 bags of recycling! Feels good people, feels good!
So are you keeping up with me? Surpassing me? Right on target? There is still time!

We need to cut back on the excess in our lives and Spring is a great time to start. Even if you are reading this for the first time, join in and start your own purge project TODAY! So much stress, time and energy is soaked up by the clutter we keep in our homes. If it was all taken away, would it really matter? I'm sure that my children would say 'yes', and sacrifice themselves for the piles of Lego in their toyroom, but I know you would think differently.

Let's get ourselves and homes in order!

20 more days = 20 more bags to go!

You can do it!

Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment