Tuesday 5 March 2013

What's On My Front Door

I am one of those people. The kind that is a bit nosey, and always interested in what celebs are doing in their "spare time." The kind of person who wants to see what my architects house looks like, how white my dentist's teeth are, and how current my stylist's hair is before she picks up her scissors. I am also a tad weary of the people out there giving advice when I have no idea what their credentials are and if they practice what they preach. Wouldn't your purchase decision be a lot easier if you knew the car salesman actually owned the same car he was trying to sell you?

As a wreath designer, shop owner, blogger, I would like customers to know that I stand behind every product in my shop. So I thought it would be a fun addition to my blog to show what I currently have hanging on my own front door.

Now please, don't be disappointed. I am a very busy Mom of five and work my tail off on a daily basis to ensure that your front doors look welcoming and amazing ..... so that leaves little time for my own decorating. 

Psst ..... I just took down this Christmas wreath off my side entrance ..... forgot all about it until it was wayyyyy too late! Oh my, what my neighbours must think! :)

Please be aware that I often design things for my own house that I don't have listed in my shop ..... usually because of price, time restraints or limited product. You see, when I am in my studio wearing my creative cap, I throw the price tags and shop talk out the window and just create. More often than not, that doesn't translate well into business terms. But please be assured, if you see something you like, send me a message and we can discuss designs and prices.

But enough with the long-winded introduction and let's get on to sharing!

This time of year, between Valentines and Easter, I always like to play it a bit nature-inspired, late winter/early spring, birds returning to nest ..... kind of vibe. I leave my greenery and birch branches from Holiday decorating in planters and window boxes all winter. I just remove the lights and Christmas ornaments in early January and it lasts until spring thaw ..... however, now that I am looking at this pic, my greenery is looking pretty worn!


So I picked up the hues from the surrounding 'treehouse' scenery and created this woodchip wreath. I incorporated pinecones, birch bark, a cute ornamental bird and a bit of sparkle to add life to the dreary days of late winter. It doesn't scream any season, just a nice filler before I burst into Spring and Easter colours.

So there you have it! What I currently have displayed on my front door for this in between season. I would like the tangled treehouse customers to feel confident that they are buying quality, handmade wreaths,  and the designer herself proudly hangs them on her own front door.

Spring is in the air! For those of you who follow me on Facebook and Twitter, you have already seen some pics of my new creations that will be hitting my Etsy shop very soon. I'm very excited to get these in the shop as I know you will love them! Sign up to follow along so you don't miss out! 

Hope you all have a great day!

Becca






No comments:

Post a Comment