Tuesday 5 February 2013

Shaklee Shake and Day 3 Results

Hello! I'm writing a lot these days trying to catch-up on my running results. Since I've been reworking my schedule and working-out, things have been busier than ever! Plus we've been experiencing some wintery weather which equals school cancellations...so I've had five little ones under my toes while juggling all of my commitments.

So today I wanted to share with you a recent yummy discovery. I have been obsessed with Shaklee products for about a year now. I discovered them while searching online for the best natural household cleaners. And they did not disappoint, they are AMAZING! 

I've been so impressed with them that I am considering selling them as they are not widely available here in Nova Scotia...Cape Breton in particular. But before I sign on the dotted line, I want to personally test the products so that I have confidence and experience to back them. 

Now I have tried the Shaklee Get Clean products, vitamins, supplements and facial care products and love them all. But for the past couple of months, I have been fighting these last 20lbs of my weight-loss journey. So I thought this would be a good opportunity to try their Cinch products. They are a bit like SlimFast, where you replace either breakfast or lunch with a shake, but much healthier and more natural. At the same time, I was looking for a recovery shake for after my run. Because this is milk (or soy milk) based and full of protein, I could use it for both purposes.




The first day, I did my run and mixed up a shake for my recovery and lunch. I love vanilla, so I chose the vanilla powder and mixed it with light vanilla soy milk.  I will admit, I was not fully impressed. It was delicious in flavour, and extremely filling (I even skipped my afternoon snack!) but it was.....powdery.....almost gritty in texture.

The next day, my husband was home and was making his NutriBullet shake and suggested I use his machine to mix my Shaklee shake. 




My adjusted recipe is as follows:

-2 scoops of Cinch Vanilla powder mix
-1 cup of light vanilla soy milk
-1 cup of ice
- half of a banana....



Holy Cow! YUM!!! No more powdery taste, just deliciousness!




So I've been using it everyday since and I will be sure to keep you updated with the results. But so far, I am impressed with another Shaklee product. Have any of you tried or currently using any Shaklee products? Other weight-loss products? Recovery shakes? I love hearing results! Let me know!


Speaking of results...here are the Day 3 Results for my February Pledge to Run...Daily!!!


Manual Program: 25minutes

-4mins walk 3.5, 2.5 incline
-16mins run 5.0
-1min sprint 5.5
-4mins walk 3.5, 2.5 incline

1.84 miles
214 cals burned

25 minutes total workout

No comments:

Post a Comment