Tuesday 5 February 2013

Super Bowl, Crayons and Day 2 Results

I'm here, I'm here, I didn't skip town on you.....although, in all seriousness I don't think I could "skip" anywhere right now.....my thighs are on fire!  This February Pledge to Run...Daily!!! has been hard on this old girl.

We had a few friends in for the Super Bowl last night (Go 49ers!!!!....I guess it's a little too late for that....boo!) so I didn't get a post together yesterday as there was a tonne of stuff to do around here in prep for our guests/party.

As many of you know, life with kids is a constant discovery show. My boys are crafty kids. Everyday there are markers, glue, glitter, stickers, paper bits, and clay everywhere. Our dining room is the most under-used room in our house, (we are pretty casual around here) so it has become a makeshift craft room. Until yesterday, when we were expecting guests and I had a boatload of food to serve. I needed to rescue my table, so I grabbed a handy laundry basket and filled it with the table contents. And much to my horror, under all of the pencils and paper, I discovered this....

This was just after I had wiped it down with a damp cloth.
Now, I love that my kids enjoy crafting as much as I do...but Hello!, THAT is a HUGE mess on my dining table!  I know, I know, Mommy should have put down a protective cover of some sort, but Mommy is busy and really didn't think of it.....until she was in a mad dash prior to our house party. 

What is that? crayon? marker? I have no idea! So I grabbed my Shaklee Get Clean Scour Off, thinking it needed a little grit to get things moving. And move it did!


With a damp micro-fibre cleaning cloth, a touch of Scour Off and some elbow grease, the "artistry" was removed from my dining room table. I didn't want to really scrub like I would my kitchen sink, as I was afraid of lifting the finish. So I gently wiped back and forth, going with the grain of the wood, Now it did take a little bit of time... around 10 minutes for the whole table. But using Shaklee's Get Clean line of natural cleaners makes me feel a lot more secure... especially around food surfaces.

After finishing with Shaklee Scour-Off.

Added a touch of orange oil to recondition the wood after cleaning.

So thankful, as we were too close to guests arrival for fussing. We covered the table with lots of munchies and a big pot of chilli...YUM! (Go 49ers!!!....still no?....boo!) 

Super Bowl food table.
Fun was had by all and even though my team didn't win, we enjoyed our Super Bowl night.

I even squeezed in my workout mid-afternoon, as I knew that I had a pledge to uphold as well as a night of high-calorie indulgence ahead. 

Here are the results from Day 2 of my February Pledge to Run....Daily!!!

Now you'll notice a jump from Day 1 Totals. I set a manual program of 20 mins to include a 5 minute cool-down. But while I was running and getting into my groove, the clock reached the cool down portion of my workout. However, I felt like I had more left in the tank...so I kept going. And let me tell you, I felt like I had just won a gold medal! Breaking through barriers and personal goals are the ultimate motivators!

Manual Program - 20 minutes (4mins walk 3.5, 2.5 incline)(16mins run 5.0)
1.54 miles
185 cals burned

Extra 5 minutes - Cool Down (walk 3.0, 2.5 incline)
0.25 miles
21 cals burned

25 minutes total workout

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment