Wednesday 16 January 2013

Taking the Plunge - Start-up Inventory

I've finally taken the financial plunge into the entrepreneurial pool. I have posted here about the ups and downs with self-doubt and lack of confidence, but the one thing you need when running your own business, is confidence. Selling yourself and your product takes a strong person and to be doubtful about the saleability of your product, well, you might as well just stay home. But a few nights ago, I went out to gather some supplies around town when I happened upon a deal that was almost too good to be true. I text my husband, asking his advice, and as always he said, "Go for it!" When he opened the door to his beaming wife, he knew that I had finally taken his advice. Tonight I visited the same spot and cleaned off their shelves. Piles of start-up inventory now lives in a room that was suppose to become the library...but that (along with a list of other things) will have to wait. 
I must say that I am beyond giddy with excitement, anticipation and nervousness. But it gets me revved-up in the morning! So revved-up in fact, that I am jumping out of bed at 5am so that I can get a couple hours of work in before the kids wake up. That is happy!
Things are going slowly but surely and I will have a boatload of spectacular wreaths on the market for the Spring season. Check out my Shop button for a gallery of goodies (coming soon!) I am also in the process of adding a shopping cart right there so you can browse and buy all at the same place. Hope to see you there! 

Has anyone else recently taken the plunge into a new business? Or have you followed through with another big resolution that you are super giddy about? Maybe you are wishing you could start something but you feel you're just not ready...I am here to tell you, if I can do it, so can you!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment