Thursday 3 January 2013

Healthy Tweaks for 2013

Hi Everyone! I hope everyone is holding true to their New Year's Resolutions. The first few days are always the hardest aren't they? I am so excited to say that I have had an awesome start to the new year! My husband and I each lost 50+ last year when we changed to a clean eating platform for our family. So this year we are adding a few more tweaks to our healthy lifestyle. 

1. Fun/natural/outdoor activities with the kids - snowshoeing, skiing, skating...we are in Canada nonetheless!
2. Toning up with exercise and weights - hitting the gym. Hubby wants to try the new Cross Fit craze. I'm going to start with a morning run and then add in a couple of classes/week at my local YMCA. We bought a family membership last year and have never used it!
3. Incorporating new/flavourful dishes into our meal-plan. Need to mix it up to keep it interesting!

It sounds crazy to say that I lost 53lbs without any formalized exercise, but it's true. And I know, I know that I would have gotten to my goals a lot sooner had I burned more calories in the gym. But for me, this was a lifestyle change, not a crash diet. I needed to slowly cut out things that were bad, add things that were good, make adjustments as I went along. This is a forever thing, right? So this year, getting my heart pumping is a big one on my list. I feel great without the extra weight, but I have about 20lbs to go, and I know that I would feel unstoppable with a good 30-60mins of sweating it up each day. I have five small children, so to say that I was inactive is definitely an understatement. But it's not the kind of exercise that I need to push my goals. 
So here's to a healthy 2013!

...........I really don't know how this post happened. I signed on to talk about my new website/shop that I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning dreaming up.  It was a resolution to get my business up and running in the new year, so I am super pumped that it is finally happening! But I guess that is another post for another day. 

Note to self: Don't start composing your morning post without consuming coffee first.

No comments:

Post a Comment